Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Free Music: REI Sampler


REI is offering a free music sampler filled with music relating to winter sports. The songs can be downloaded here. It includes tracks by ten artists, a few of whom I'd heard (Persephone's Bees, Eagles of Death Metal) but more I hadn't heard of.

Half the fun of the sampler is the creative presentation. I had fun waiting for the site to load (how often does that happen?) and then found myself entranced by the gently falling snow while I sampled each track. For each track, you can read information about the band/artist, watch the music video, download wallpapers, and listen to a thirty second sample (and if you decide you like it, download the track).

I haven't listened to all the songs all the way through yet, but the ones that initially peaked my interest are "Fallen Snow (Redux)" by Au Revoir Simone, "Colorado" by The Rentals (another "the" band!), and "Bar Clearing Good Times," and instrumental track by Saxon Shore.

No comments: