Monday, November 3, 2008

Top 10 Artists with Alliteration


I've been thinking about alliteration a lot lately for some reason, and I started wondering how many of my favorite artists have alliterative names. After scrolling through my whole library, it turns out that not very many do, but here's my top 10 faves, along with a song recommendation for each artist (I tried to pick alliterative song titles, when possible), in case you've never heard them before. By the way, I kept it to individual artists whose first and last name start with the same letter, so bands who chose to have alliterative names (like Modest Mouse or Counting Crows) aren't included.

1. Beau Bristow - What Are You Waiting For?
2. Brendan Benson - Spit It Out
3. Chris Cagle - If It Isn't One Thing
4. Colbie Caillat - One Fine Wire
5. Jack Johnson - Fortunate Fool
6. Mandy Moore - Gardenia
7. Martina McBride - Wearing White
8. Melissa McClelland - Factory
9. Shea Seger - Clutch
10. Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans

Clutch - Shea Seger

Did I forget any?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome list Katie, I can't wait to get home to my computer to see all the alliterative artists I can find...

Unknown said...

ouch! you weren't kidding when you said "not very many do". How bout Ozzy Osbourne ("Crazy Train"), Janis Joplin ("Piece of My Heart") and Lindsey Lohan (okay, that one's a joke).

Katie said...

Hahaha....you don't think Lindsey Lohan is a legitimate artist, Kyle?