Friday, December 5, 2008

10 Singles and the better songs on the albums


Already mentioned "Heal Over" and "Stoppin the Love" on KT Tunstall's Eye to the Telescope, here are ten more songs that are better than the singles you may be familiar with from the radio:

1. "Brick" on Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds Five / my recommendation: "Smoke"
2. "The Middle" on Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World / my recommendation: "If You Don't, Don't"
3. "Beverly Hills" on Make Believe by Weezer / my recommendation: "Haunt You Every Day"
4. "Hanging By a Moment" on No Name Face by Lifehouse / my recommendation: "Cling and Clatter"
5. "By The Way" on By the Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers / my recommendation: "The Zephyr Song"
6. "If You're Gone" on Mad Season by Matchbox Twenty / my recommendation: "Angry"
7. "Shattered" on All Sides by O.A.R. / my recommendation: "Something Coming Over"
8. "Waiting on the World to Change" on Continuum by John Mayer / my recommendation: "Bold as Love"
9. "She Will Be Loved" on Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 / my recommendation: "Must Get Out"
10. "One Week" on Stunt by Barenaked Ladies / my recommendation: "Light Up My Room"

I know there's hundreds of thousands more; tell me your favorites.

No comments: