Friday, August 7, 2009

Songs about the Summer


When I was a kid, I used to say my favorite season was winter... boy was I stupid. Of course that was before I could drive, didn't have to pay the heating bills and didn't have to work during "winter break". Now I enjoy the summer and fall and despise winter. Here are ten songs about the lovely season we're in right now:

1. Summer in the City - Lovin' Spoonful
2. Rainiest Day of Summer - Elizabeth & the Catapults
3. Hot Fun in the Summertime - Sly & the Family Stone
4. Wonderful Day - O.A.R.
5. Holiday in Real - Jack's Mannequin
6. Dreamgirl - Dave Matthews Band
7. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
8. Summertime - Bon Jovi
9. Take It Easy - The Eagles
10. Where's Summer B? - Ben Folds Five

All without any Beach Boys! What are your favorite songs about summer?

Enjoy your summer weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Summersong - The Decemberists
Gold in the Air of Summer - The Kings of Convenience
Summer Skin - Death Cab for Cutie