Monday, September 29, 2008

About Kyle

I'm a 23 year old dink (double income no kids), born in South Korea and raised in Washington listening to the Western greats (Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky) and "Hooked on Classics" vinyls. Around the age of 12 I started listening to oldies and classic showtunes (I still listen to Franki Valli and the Four Seasons and Lovin' Spoonful). That progressed to classic rock, which led to alternative rock, a brief foray into pop and now I listen to mostly "alt/indie/folk rock" and a collection of the above. I don't believe in "eclectic" tastes and am firmly opposed to rap, death metal, techno, most country and all polka.

I took piano lessons for three years, played drums in band for seven, had violin lessons for six months and played trumpet in one middle school concert. Now I play Rock Band and piano (mostly Coldplay, Keane and Ben Folds) and I'm learning the guitar. I'm an awful composer, but I love consuming music - it's so easy to consume, I think it is the closest some people will ever get to art.

No comments: