Thursday, October 23, 2008

Have you heard...



I got to hear Raining Jane open last weekend for Sara Bareilles at the Knitting Factory. I thought they were great performers. I liked their sound (self described as "rock-folk"). And one of the members played a sitar (how freaking awesome is that)! So I downloaded their latest album Paper Nest on iTunes and have been listening to it since. My track recommendations are "Castles and Factories", "Desperate Sails", "Incline" and "Browntown" if you want to hear the sitar. A short, but fantastic album. They're an all-female band, which I must admit I was a bit smitten with them at first (one of the members even played a cello during a couple songs and confession time: I'm a huge sap for females playing stringed instruments) , but they're incredible, real musicians and not just a run-of-the-mill female pop group like All Saints or Spice Girls or Bananarama (nothing against the aforementioned groups). Have a listen for yourself!





For more info check out: www.rainingjane.com

No comments: