Thursday, November 6, 2008

Free Music: Brooke Waggoner


Almost a month ago I received an anonymous tip on this very blog to check out Brooke Waggoner. (Excuses about how busy I've been aside) this week I finally did and let me pass this tip along to all of you: go to brookewaggoner.com and download her 6 song EP Fresh Pair of Eyes for free - this may be the best free music you get (legally) for some time.

Brooke's sound is simultaneously delicate and lush, with piano driven melodies, I think it will appeal to fans of Kate Nash, Sara Bareilles or Vanessa Carlton. Her songs are wonderfully arranged (mostly with strings and various percussion) and they brilliantly and organically flow between sections - I just love songs with multiple melodies and time changes ("Hush if you Must"and "So-So" are particularly sprawling and beautiful).

I've been told one reader said our blog is costing him a lot of money because we keep introducing him to new artists - well, here's a freebie for everyone and a fantastic one at that.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I just downloaded her e.p. and am currently enjoying it. Thanks for the tip, Kyle!