Saturday, February 21, 2009

Facebook Album Cover

This isn't really a post about music per se, so I apologize.

There's all these chain mail type things going around Facebook right now. You've probably either created or at least read "25 Random Things." While the 25 things started it all, it hasn't ended there. Every few days I get tagged in random notes asking me to perpetuate them. Most of these are mildly amusing but don't intrigue me enough to take the time to do them. However, earlier this evening I was tagged in a photo. It was actually an album cover designed by a friend by following these instructions:

1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Quotations Page and select "random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.

5 - Post it to FB. Copy these rules text in the "caption" or "comment" and TAG the friends you want to join in.

My friend's album cover looked pretty awesome, and I was looking for reasons to not do homework, so I did it. Sadly, my album cover came out pretty lame...I blame flickr's poor choice of photo...

See? Who would buy this album (besides maybe sweet little old grandmas, though I doubt they would want to listen to a band called the Ebionites..)?

Despite being disappointed by my album design, it was pretty fun and made me think more about how album designs are created. I'd love to see anyone else's designs. If you make one, post it here.

No comments: