Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Just Need to Vent...

Because I am really torn at the moment and a bit frustrated too. I've said it before, but I love the Fray. And it is because I love them that I am frustrated at the moment. I was psyched for the release of their new, self-titled album today, so I got on iTunes this morning, all ready to download it. But I still haven't, because I can't decide if I should download the regular or deluxe version of the album. The regular has 11 tracks and goes for $9.99. The deluxe has 16 tracks (and three videos) and goes for $16.99. This in itself doesn't bother me too much. What really irks me though is that some of the extra tracks on the deluxe version are "album only," so you cannot choose to download just that song. Therefore, people like me, who love the Fray and would like to have the extra track "Uncertainty" and wouldn't mind but don't need the "piano version" of "Where the Story Ends" or even the acoustic versions of several others tracks (which are available as individual downloads) but who don't care about buying the music video to "You Found Me," or the making of "You Found Me," or the making of the album, are cruelly punished.

See my dilemma? I'm leaning toward the $9.99 version, because I don't think I want to pay $7 for one song I really want, several alternate versions of songs on the main album, and some video special features. But it's going to bother me that I can't just download "Uncertainty" for $.99, like I should be able to. Is anybody else having this problem? Or did anyone buy the deluxe album and think it's worth it?

If I ever make a decision on this, I'll probably post of little review of the album.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

So I'm dying to know what your conclusion was and if this album if worth buying regular, deluxe or at all? I've read some critical reviews on iTunes of the album, but am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. This reminds me of the whole Regular DVD vs. Special Edition or Collector's Edition DVD conundrum. 99 times out of a 100 I go with the Regular DVD.