Wednesday, March 4, 2009

26 albums I like


Gasp! Not a top 10, but here are 26 albums that I like (3 are kind of a stretch, but the others I really listen to quite a bit and there are no artist repeats):

August & Everything After - Counting Crows
Before These Crowded Streets - Dave Matthews Band
Continuum - John Mayer
Daylight - Duncan Sheik
Elephants... Teeth Sinking Into Heart - Rachael Yamagata
Five Score and Seven Years Ago - Relient K
Girls and Boys - Ingrid Michaelson
How to Save a Life - The Fray
In Between Now and Then - O.A.R.
Joshua Tree - U2
Kiss - Kiss
Little Voice - Sara Bareilles
Made of Bricks - Kate Nash
No Really, I'm Fine - The Spill Canvas
Origin of Symmetry - Muse
Paper Nest - Raining Jane
Quiet Songs - Aisha Duo
Ripe - Ben Lee
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Twenty Three - Tristan Prettyman
Under the Iron Sea - Keane
Vavoom! - Brian Setzer Orchestra
Whatever & Ever Amen - Ben Folds Five
X & Y - Coldplay
Yourself Or Someone Like You - Matchbox Twenty
ZZ Top: Greatest Hits - ZZ Top (I swear, the album's called "ZZ Top: Greatest Hits")

If you're feeling adventurous, go ahead and try this for yourself and see if you get stuck on the same letters that I did (K, Q and Z).

2 comments:

Katie said...

Confession: not until about 2/3 of the way through the list did I realize the alphabetical theme...haha...whoops.

Okay, here's my shot at it:
Absolutes - Barcelona
Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
Can't Love, Can't Hurt - Augustana
Dear Catastrophe Waitress - Belle & Sebastian
Everything Starts Where it Ends - Lovedrug
Fiction Family - Fiction Family
Give Up - The Postal Service
Hello - Tristan Prettyman
I See Things Upside Down - Derek Webb
Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates - Kenny Chesney
Kid A - Radiohead
Legend - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Mr. A-Z - Jason Mraz
Never Take Friendship Personal - Anberlin
Oh, Inverted World - The Shins
Picaresque - The Decemberists
Quality Control - Jurassic 5
Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds
Say I Am You - The Weepies
Till the Sun Turns Black - Ray LaMontagne
Under the Table & Dreaming - Dave Matthews Band
Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends - Coldplay
Want One - Rufus Wainwright
X (I can't think of any or x except the one you used Kyle...dang)
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips
Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! - Hellogoodbye

Kyle said...

Wow... I'm impressed. Stellar list. And yeah, I don't know what other "X" albums you could've used... I haven't listened to your "Q" and "Z" albums but I love the titles.