Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Have You Heard...

Rosi Golan

Just the other day I was lamenting to myself the lack of new music I'd been discovering lately. This was bothering me because a.) I love new music and b.) it was limiting my ability to blog.

So, to remedy this terrible situation, I cruised over to The Late Greats, my (other) favorite music blog. There I discovered the lovely Rosi Golan (you can download her melancholy and beautiful "Been a Long Day" for free there).

The Israeli-born artist moved to Los Angeles at age 9, where she began taking voice and violin lessons. At age 19 she decided to pursue singing and learned how to play the guitar. Her music has been featured on One Tree Hill and Grey's Anatomy (and a shampoo commercial, I think).

Her first album, The Drifter and the Gypsy, was released in November of 2008 and is available for $9.99 on iTunes. Her sound ranges from the ethereal, quiet "Hazy," a duet with William Fitzsimmons:

Hazy (featuring William Fitzsimmons) - Rosi Golan
to the infectious, shampoo-commercial tune,
"Shine:"

Shine - Rosi Golan

RIYL: Ingrid Michaelson, The Weepies, Alexa Wilkinson, Sara Bareilles, Brooke Fraser, Priscilla Ahn

No comments: