Saturday, April 11, 2009

10 Songs for After the Breakup


Yes, breaking up is hard to do. Luckily, there are a ridiculous amount of songs written about breakups to help you cope. Here are ten of my favorite songs for dealing with new-found singleness, along with my favorite lines from each song.

1. "To the Light" - Newton Faulkner
I feel like a muppet with a drunket puppeteer, but I'll survive; I will survive.

2. "Cologne" - Ben Folds
Four, three, two, one, I'm letting you go. I will let go, if you will let go.

3. "Opportunity to Cry" - Priscilla Ahn
I'd like to see you, but I'm afraid I don't know wrong from right and if I
saw you would I kiss you
or want to kill you on sight?

4. "Vegas" - Sara Bareilles
Listen up now, honey, you're gonna be sorry.

5. "Merry, Happy" - Kate Nash
Yeah you make me merry, make me very very happy, but you obviously,
you didn't want to
stick around. So I learnt from you.

6. "What Can I Say?" - Brandi Carlile
Alone is the last place I wanted to be.

7. "She" - Over the Rhine
What she would like to do is get you out of her head. She's tried every
trick; she's so sick of thinking about it.


8. "Heal for the Honey" - Brooke Waggoner
The noons are hot with heartache aplenty. I'm lovesick and undone.

9. "Oh What a Day" - Ingrid Michaelson
Now that you're gone I can roll onto something good.

10. "Just Dance" - Lady Gaga
Just dance, gonna be okay. Da da doo doo-oom.

Bonus Track: "Breakable" - Ingrid Michaelson

Breakable - Ingrid Michaelson

No comments: