Thursday, April 30, 2009

road trip songs


Tomorrow my wife and I are making a quick road trip down to Portland to visit Katie! Inevitably, I always make a road trip mix for the ipod and for one reason or another, these 10 songs usually make the cut (some have "road" themes, others are just fun):

1. The Winner Is - Devotchka & Mychael Danna
~ Pretty much just because it's from Little Miss Sunshine - one of the best road trip movies ever!
2. Life Is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
3. Many the Miles - Sara Bareilles
4. Beautiful Day - U2
5. Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
6. On a High - Duncan Sheik
7. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
8. Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
~ This one really doesn't make any sense, it's just so damn catchy!
9. Love and Memories - O.A.R.
10. Leaving So Soon? - Keane

What are your favorite road trip songs?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't tell you how badly I wish you and Summer drove a yellow VW van. :)