Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Encore!

I, too, had the pleasure of seeing the lovely miss Sara perform this past weekend in Spokane. I agree completely with all of Kyle's sentiments, and only wanted to add that Sara also performed a very fun little encore. I must say that I find the whole encore phenomenon just a little silly (why do we have to stand there clapping in the dark for five minutes when you know you are going to come out and sing some more anyway?). Nevertheless, Sara made it worthwhile.

Her first song was a cover of Counting Crows's "Sullivan Street," which is a lovely song as it is, but became even more delicate and emotional. She did both encore songs sans band, and on the first she played the ukulele (she said she had taken up the ukulele because she was inspired by her friend, Ingrid Michaelson). The second song was the last track on Little Voice, "Gravity." Though it's very hard for me to pick a favorite song on the album, "Gravity" is definitely near the top, and it was even more powerful live.

Here are a few pictures I took at the show:

No comments: